Thursday, August 14, 2008

Milena Velba Pink Fur



MOUNTED CORN BELT!


Moving cupboards of my mind I was wondering about the question I have often done in recent days: how I learned how to speak English. Well, then I wanted to leave a lasting process that began when he was a lovely child, back in the English American College of Cali.

When you grow up in a family of three children, gets to be the disoriented because of the half, and also is the only man in all three are high risks in these matters of the playground and these pods. But that is another matter. The thing is that my sisters and good girls embelequeritas were well fed and had stuff to play, to those of women. I always called much attention to a machine that had: estuchito was carrying a comb and a mirror with Snoopy dolls (do not despair, I'm to the point, is that I moved the bird remembering many fibers Snoopy and friends all the time, then excuse).

The case in question was an inscription: I Love You. I was about 6 years or so, I could read and all, then saw the blessed little thing that I read "iloveyou " most pristine in my English. And one day My father, James, told me the programs that was not, that meant "I Love You" in English and that they said " ailoviu ." Phew, that'll tell you it was a bomb for my childish brain in those days, I was thinking about the account thing: I could not understand that the letters that had touched me so much effort to learn how to pronounce in first grade were now obsolete because there was a language called English in which they said different (my mother! I thought).

Well, the mirror of Snoopy triggered an unusual curiosity in me yet living things (a turtle that had pet, named "Turtle", the TV series: Profession Danger, Manimal or Mc Gyver, and Gareca goals and Cabins in the America of those times). Thereafter, in a personal way, I became interested in deciphering the thing the "other language" that, he does English. And tore looking booklets and other childish things in English.

Later the music was my greatest ally. I remember quite well the first song I learned in the language of Shakespeare: "You" by a British group called "Ten Sharp"

(which no one must remember, even their own families but see how I left my memories) and I was happy to know that what I was saying was in another language than mine did not understand but that others do. Almost that I removed the song, said: " You, You are always on my mind ... you, You are everlasting fire ... and my always shining star ... 2 " (That I leave to begin the class.)

But what is relevant about this? To see what I mean: with this that I learned were pronunciations and basic sheer imitation. Never was a friend to learn English with a teacher in Colombia, say Padilla, Cauca (which should be very good, but because remachadito one is not it?) because the pronunciations and phrases are very different. Then I grew up imitating singers, their way of saying things and getting good grades in English at school, which helped a lot, you also have to say. Already

later, I found the task with television and movies. I liked to watch things in English and try to understand, and as I say to imitate. And so I could get some idea estuchito broad language.

Now here we have had to use all that learning that as I said in the beginning, has been different for everyone. And being at the University of the Philippines have had a chance to increase our knowledge and reach more people.

But as all things have their highs and lows. In my method I have reported has given me very good result, but much imitated leads one to conclude by saying that he saw in films of various kinds: as the day that I crate my best version of "Die Hard" and I told a taxi driver who was charging us more money, after having embolatado going down the path that was not (in the style of John Mc Clane) "You choose the way, I choose the money to pay" (There will seen) And you say what you just thought that race, 80 pesos for here! Best said, that phrase still bursts of laughter Hollywoodesque the family table.

can only write then learn some idiomita guys out there, with effort and courage that it started over here yet. And then apply this in Luke 12:11 When they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what ye shall answer, or what you say; 12 because the Holy Spirit will teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.


0 comments:

Post a Comment